It's a good job I had some time, as it took a good few attempts. I was expecting teething issues as I've done a little work with eclipse on windows and android before, which had complications. I ran into problems pretty much immediately:
|Ren'py to android attempt|
|Looking for android.bat|
The first thing I changed was my project name as it had numbers in, which I wanted to eliminate as a potential problem. I then realised I had the wrong java dev kit (JDK) installed - 32bit version is required at the moment. I moved the Ren'Py directory to C:\ rather than in my user folder. Well none of these things has helped all that much in Windows 8, I'm still getting a Access is Denied error even with new shorter path and re-installs and running ren'py as administrator.
Luckily I have a Windows 7 system to hand (I hear this whole process is much smoother on linux, so that is probably the way to go!) and with a little bit of manual intervention - running the sneaky android.bat! - I got a successful build!
Once I had my apk file I dropped it into Google drive and downloaded it onto my phone and tablet. It was all worth it, as I think I've now made the decision to change my screen resolution to 1280 x 720.
Bugs 20 Tech 3 Design 0